Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues working with Acrobat Forms and Fill & Sign

Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goal

To create a simple video release form that we can present to participants via iPad, which can be filled out and the resulting form will be stored online in our Document Cloud. Each time someone completes the form we would want to quickly and easily bring up a fresh new form, and repeat the process.

Steps so far...

I've converted our .doc form to a .PDF and used my desktop Acrobat to "Prepare Form". Something I've done many times. It can now be filled and signed and I've specified date fields. This file has been uploaded into Document Cloud.

Current issues

First observation, I can select "Fill & Sign" and it brings up the form. It looks like it doesn't easily recognize any of these pre-set fields. You can kind of click in the right spots and it will show the full field that was originally setup, but often i just get a standard width text field, which someone could place anywhere. This defeats the purpose of setting up the form in advance. Is this a bug?

Next, I downloaded the app on my phone (was easier at the time) and try to fill it out using the "Fill & Sign" app. I can open it up, but again the fields are not there.

In addition, all I can do is just open up that form and fill it out. There isn't any easy method of presenting a blank form, and then hitting save with some versioning. I don't know how to set this up and this is kind of critical to the whole exercise. Would be awesome if when you open it, it says "Fill out or create copy".

Regardless, I want to find out if I am heading down the right path. I have to imagine something like this can be supported with Acrobat DC and PDF forms. But I welcome ANY other suggestions as to how to accomplish. Since we are already paying for CC, I was hoping we could do this without having to procure some third-party service to handle this.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use the Fill & Sign app, use Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. However that doesn't work either. You can add comments and annotate, but what we are looking for is a structured form that we can fill out and store multiple copies of into the Document Cloud. The documentation I've read insinuates that this can be done, but I haven't found a straight forward approach to doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can fill form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The primary issue is that the PDF form structure I setup in Acrobat isn't being recognized when opening up the PDF's into either of those apps.

Also, we need a system by which we can make copies, fill them out and store them back up in our cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't see the form fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. It doesn't recognize the fields that were added as part of "Prepare Form", when I created the PDF on the desktop app. Basically don't want a consumer having trouble finding the field or clicked randomly and having the app create new fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share the form?

In Adobe Acrobat use Tools > Send & Track and post the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines