• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects render failure

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havent had this issue with rendering before but for some reason whenever I attempt to export my video from ae (after effects cc 2018)  it crashes at the same point every single time. I’ve tried exporting it as something other than an avi, its not overwriting anything else, I’ve exported very similar files before, no new plugins being used or anything. There is twixtor in it which might be the problem but I’ve exported other videos with twixtor without a problem before. I’ve tried many things that have been suggested for other people but nothing is working. It’s only 16 seconds long.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Thank you! I think the issue was that the file was corrupt so I had to scrap the whole thing. But in the future if it happens again I will try what you suggested and see if it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's crashing at the same point every time, there's something about that spot that's killing it. You can try troubleshooting by turning layers/effects off until you pinpoint which it is, and then see if there's a way to prerender that element or otherwise work around it.

Have you tried clearing your cache?
Edit > Purge > All ...

If not, you can also try disabling GPU rendering, to see if that helps.
File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects > Use: Software Only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I think the issue was that the file was corrupt so I had to scrap the whole thing. But in the future if it happens again I will try what you suggested and see if it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes a fix for this: Create a new project, import this troublesome one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem, for me anyways

Check the "Secret" Tab in preferences and make sure your Disable layer cache is at 0,

for some reason mine was set to 1 and stopped my render about the same spot every time,

Played with my render but now i can switch to GPU and Software only without any trouble.

Running both 2018 and 2019 cc, worked on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't know how to access the secret preference tab, just hold shift when you click on any sub category in preferences and you will see a tab entitled "Secret" at the base of your subcategories.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines