• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Mac] Scratch Disk Issue with Premiere Pro CS5.5

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! So I already asked this but got no answer, so ill try again. I am using Premiere Pro CS5.5 on my Mac (El Capitan). I am working on a project with many video clips, and both the video clips and the application itself are on an external 2TB HDD. Even though I have not moved a single file from where it was during the last edit of the project, whenever I try to open the project file, I get an error message that reads, "The scratch disks are write protected or unavailable. To open this project, the scratch disks will be set to your documents folder. If I click yes, it brings up a browse menu with some files. I am not sure what to do from here. Please help, it is a pretty important project. Thanks! !

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Premiere Pro NEW to Premiere Pro OLD... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>already asked this but got no answer

According to your activity list, this is the first time you have asked a question in any Adobe forum ryandwyerr

>scratch disks are write protected or unavailable

Did you know that Apple did not maintain backwards compatibility, so your CS5.5 may have problems?

READ HERE https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2301916 for a link to installing the old Java runtime that is required... which may, or may not, help with your specific problem

I'm on Windows, not Mac, so maybe a Mac user will come along with information on how to check and/or fix permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I did it on another account, my bad! So I installed it, but it did not fix the problem. Thanks for helping though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines