• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modify clip volume by key command

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a way to simply gain- or lower the clip volume by a key stroke (actually on an Avid hardware controller )

simply a +1 dB or -1 dB button just because I really dont like to fiddle with the mouse to modify each clip In a multitrack session.

in waveform view I can record a favorite and apply that with a keystroke but this seems not to work in multitrack.

maybe possible by the new "script" option? I haven't figured that out yet.

ultimately the same question for symmetric fades. So, with the push of a button add more or less fade to a clip in multitrack.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

When you do this in Waveform view, it actually changes the original file (well it does when you save it). In Multitrack, you don't get single-key modifiers, I'm afraid. Whilst I'm not saying that it would be impossible to add them, you'd have to be somewhat careful as to how they were implemented. You'd need at a minimum to make sure that they only operated on what was selected - and all they could possibly do is alter the volume envelope - they wouldn't affect the file itself at all.

Whilst the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you do this in Waveform view, it actually changes the original file (well it does when you save it). In Multitrack, you don't get single-key modifiers, I'm afraid. Whilst I'm not saying that it would be impossible to add them, you'd have to be somewhat careful as to how they were implemented. You'd need at a minimum to make sure that they only operated on what was selected - and all they could possibly do is alter the volume envelope - they wouldn't affect the file itself at all.

Whilst the idea of having some of the favourites available in multi-track view is perfectly sound, I suspect that the implementation wouldn't actually be that simple, as what they'd be controlling would be completely different to what they'd do in Waveform view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,. I come from a Nuendo background and there we had the option to create a macro (like favorites in Audition) I created one that just repeated a single fade-in a 1000 times.

So I first select a clip, then push a button and created a fade of 1000 samples. and could repeat that button to make a longer fade..

Especially for for the setnoise track this was a great option. I just selected all the clips on that track and created with one push of a button a fade in and out of 1000 samples. Non destructive.. So no pops and clicks anymore and the possibility to modify the fade curve per individual clip after..

lets hope for for some option like this in a future update..

Maybe be a good feature request

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tonework,

Make your request here: Audition: Hot (135 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines