Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

YouTube URL video export to SWF

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am trying to export a SWF from an interactive indesign file. Buttons, slideshows, hyperlinks, etc. all work fine. Only the videos (YouTube URL embed codes) are unclickable/unplayable in the exported SWF (although visible).

I am running InDesign CC and Win10.

I have looked everywhere but haven't found a solution for this. Can someone help?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Hello,

I share the sentiment...

Anyway, it actually looks like I was able to come to a compromise and settle for Adobe's Publish Online.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SWF is an obsolete format.

Have a look instead at FXL ePub, InDesign's Publish Online and in5 Export HTML5 from InDesign with in5 - Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

The client wants a 3D page-turning effect (like issuu.com). SWF allows for that and preserves all other interactive elements, except for (it seems) the video stream URLs.

I would be extremely happy with the "Publish Online" solution, it keeps all the interactive elements I'm using except for the 3D-ish page turn effect, which the client really wants.

I will take a look at those suggestions!

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SWF? Why? It is as dead as can be and almost no one can display SWF, no tablets anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

The client wants a 3D page-turning effect (like issuu.com). SWF allows for that and preserves all other interactive elements, except for (it seems) the video stream URLs.

I would be extremely happy with the "Publish Online" solution, it keeps all the interactive elements I'm using except for the 3D-ish page turn effect, which the client really wants.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of applications that turn a PDF into page flip, they are easy to use, such as this one:

Create Media Rich Page Turning Book From PDF Easily - Flip PDF Professional

But warn your customer the effect gets irritating for the reader after a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your client know that Flash Player will be Discontinued, dead and gone before the end of 2020, so they would get an SWF deliverable with a short life? More subjective, do they know how much some people HATE Page turn packaging and will leave the site immediately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you place the video in your layout. are you expecting to play in acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I used the embed code from YouTube. (the actual video screen emerges in the file, and it properly exports/works in Adobe's Publish Online)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I share the sentiment...

Anyway, it actually looks like I was able to come to a compromise and settle for Adobe's Publish Online.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines