• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF printing with hidden lines

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am having some issues with a document. I saved it as a PDF, which looks perfect on screen, but when I print it shows various lines that should be hidden (and appear hidden in the PDF on screen). I've attached the image of how the poster SHOULD look (at the bottom of this message) and how it prints image1.jpegimage2.jpegPDF how it should look.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

I solved the problem by doing the following:

How I saved the file during export had no effect on the printing. Instead, I lowered my printer DPI printing setting to print at a lower resolution, and that removed the stitching.

In regards to the awkward dark blue spots over the blue oval, it was something to do with the oval (though I couldn't figure out what), I simply removed the "defective" oval and made a new one.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What printer model are you printing this to?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am printing on the Lexmark CS410. I have printed other InDesign documents with this printer and have not encountered this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it somehow be printer driver centric? Maybe it is related to the well-known problem Yucky Discolored Box Syndrome:https://indesignsecrets.com/eliminating-ydb-yucky-discolored-box-syndrome.php

https://indesignsecrets.com/eliminating-ydb-yucky-discolored-box-syndrome.php

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like stitching artifacts.

How EXACTLY did you create the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, looks like transparency stitching artifacts. Try producing PDF via export with the PDF/X-4 joboptions (and no color conversion)!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dov, I tried saving with this option and the same issue happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried several different export settings and encounter the same printing issue each time. I am able to print it if I save as a Jpg but it has soft text via jpg. I wish there was some way to just export a WYSIWYG PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can post the resultant PDF file, we can see what's going on internally and perhaps give some more useful advice. Another possibility is that transparency is actually being flattened in content that you are placing into the InDesign document prior to the placement of that content.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved the problem by doing the following:

How I saved the file during export had no effect on the printing. Instead, I lowered my printer DPI printing setting to print at a lower resolution, and that removed the stitching.

In regards to the awkward dark blue spots over the blue oval, it was something to do with the oval (though I couldn't figure out what), I simply removed the "defective" oval and made a new one.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines