• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEW PDF FEATURE pop-up window, get rid of it forever?

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get rid of the pop-up window reading NEW PDF FEATURE.

Whether if select option Yes with a check, Yes with no check, NO with a check, or NO with no check, this annoying message pops up every time I open a pdf.

how do i get rid of this pop-up message please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see a screen shot of Reader with the pop-up you mean, please? I have no idea what pop-up you mean. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL IT!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not receive any such message.

Under the "Preferences", <Ctrl> + K, under the "General" category, there is an option "Show me messages when I start Acrobat Reader". Make sure this option is not checked.

You may need to go through the "What's New" to get rid of this pop-up.This option is also in Acrobat.

Note, both my versions of Acrobat and Reader have this option checked and I only receive messages when a new version of Acrobat/Reader is installed and once I go through each page it no longer displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those instructions did fix it.  HOWEVER, I don't mind getting a message from Adobe, just not EVERY time I open Acrobat getting the same message!!  Now I will not get any messages.  Adobe needs to have its developers fix this.

adobe-acrobat.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nakanishilab,

Could you let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Also, try the troubleshooting steps given in the following forum thread( under post#5) discussing the similar issue:

New Features have Arrived NAG SCREEN

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the "Welcome To Acrobat Reader DC - Read, sign, comment on and share pdfs for free - get started with a quick tour" pop-up window.  There is only a button to start the tour; there is no button to skip the tour.  Whether I click on the x to close this pop-up, or take the tour and then click on the x to close the final pop-up window, I keep getting this everytime I open Reader.  I followed your instructions and unchecked the show me messages option, clicked OK at the bottom of the menu, then went to the file menu drop down and selected "exit application" to close Reader.  When I reopen Reader and look at this option under the Preferences General category, the box is once again checked.  The change I make does not seem to stick. 

I've seen other posts about making registery changes but I don't know how to do that and am not comfortable trying it.  Hoping there is an easier way.

I don't know where to find the "what's new" option - where is it? 

Also, I keep selecting Adobe as my default reader, and I have also checked this option in the Preferences General category, but it also doesn't seem to stick and I keep getting the pop-up about making it my default reader over and over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, if a preference is not remembered it does suggest that your registry has the wrong permissions. You are absolutely right not to mess with this; get the registry wrong and you may never be able to boot the system again. But it's likely the only way; I suggest you get experienced help. Start by making sure you have a complete backup of all your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines