4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2018 11:47 PM by Josnapnas

    Output file not playable

    Josnapnas

      Hello Community,

       

      for my master thesis I recorded the world cup each day (around 5 files / per day), put the files together and add a timestamp. That worked every day, but the output from the last day is not readable. I don't see any difference in the file information, the file size is analogous to the other days.

       

      I exported the file several times, same result every time. I have no idea whatsoever why this happened, who can help?

       

      Cheers,

       

      Jonas

        • 1. Re: Output file not playable
          byroncortezh Adobe Community Professional

          Upload screenshots or something to help us understand exactly what is happening to you because your explanation is a bit confusing.

          • 2. Re: Output file not playable
            kulpreet singh Adobe Employee

            Hi Jonas,

             

            We need a lot more information to understand your issue and troubleshoot.

            FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

             

            Thanks,

            Kulpreet Singh

            • 3. Re: Output file not playable
              rodneyb56060189 Level 4

              I don't understand the question.

               

              Did you start a timeline sequence in PPro and import files each time you had new files to import and added to the same timeline ( which now grows larger the more you add )? And everything plays well in PPro until the last file(s) you imported ?

               

              When you say 'Output' to you mean EXPORT from PPro ?

               

              What source files are you using, what version of PPro, what computer, etc. ??

               

              Hopefully you'll get it solved before you have to describe anything in more detail.  

              • 4. Re: Output file not playable
                Josnapnas Level 1

                Ok, I try to provide more information. As I said, I didn't really know where to start.

                 

                I use Premiere Pro CC Version 12.1.2 (Build 69) on Windows 10. All updates should be installed.

                 

                Screenshot of my layout and the problematic sequence (it's all on german, as you can only change the language by reinstalling...)

                Premiere workspace.png

                 

                Screenshot of my export settings, I tried it directly from premiere as well as via adobe media encoder:

                 

                Premiere export.png

                 

                These are the properties of one of the source files (roughly translated from german):

                Typ: MPEG-movie

                File size: 3,28 GB

                Pixel: 1024 x 576

                Framerate: 50,00

                Audio format source: 48000 Hz - komprimiert - Stereo

                Audioformat project: 48000 Hz - 32-Bit-Floating-Point - Stereo

                Duration: 04:57:07:42

                Pixel-side ratio: 1,0

                Variable Framerate found

                 

                 

                In Premiere the sequence is very well playable, but when I want to play the exported file, there is just a black screen (time is running though).

                 

                Properties of the exported but not working file:

                 

                 

                 

                For clarification, here is what I did again in more detail:

                - download the recording of a days fifa world cup media coverage from YouTV (several files per day)

                - import these files in premiere pro cc

                - put the files together in one sequence so they cover the whole game day of the broadcasting tv station.

                - add a timecode effect

                - export the sequence

                 

                As I said, I did this for every of the 25 days of the world cup and it worked every day, except for the last day. I did nothing different, thats why I'm pretty lost...

                 

                Looking forward to your help. If you need any more information, just let me know.

                 

                Jonas