2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2009 9:53 PM by Newsgroup_User

My code is getting changed

a2annie Level 1
      Hi -

I use dreamweaver to write my code. Lately I've been tweaking some wordpress templates within dreamweaver. The templates are breaking and the solution is to use a different editor. The issue is, I like Dreamweaver and would like to use it. What is the status of this? WHat do I need to do to have dreamweaver not mess with my code?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: My code is getting changed
          Level 7
          Can you provide examples of what code Dreamweaver is changing? before and
          after?

--
          Regards

John Waller

• 2. Re: My code is getting changed
            Level 7
            This shouldn't be a problem. I use DW to modify WP templates without any
            problem. I wonder if the problems you're having is with the PHP. Sometimes
            it's important not to delete or add spaces between lines of existing PHP
            code or it can throw things off. Two things to try. First, don't use Apply
            Source Formatting. If that's not good enough, you can go into the
            preferences under Code Rewriting and make sure "Never Rewrite Code" includes
            .php

MD

fxgoddess wrote:
            > Hi -
            >
            > I use dreamweaver to write my code. Lately I've been tweaking some
            > wordpress templates within dreamweaver. The templates are breaking
            > and the solution is to use a different editor. The issue is, I like
            > Dreamweaver and would like to use it. What is the status of this?
            > WHat do I need to do to have dreamweaver not mess with my code?
            >
            > Thanks!