• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 hangs on file IO

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started under another thread since I thought setting Windows 7 compatibility had solved my problem:

Re: Solved Blu ray Error: "device error", Code "3"

I've created this thread since using Windows 7 compatibility no longer helps.

I am running Windows 10 with updates current on July 26, 2018:

July 24, 2018—KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191)

Applies to: Windows 10, version 1803.

I am using Encore CS6, which I think is 2012 software since Encore has been mostly orphaned by Adobe.

My problem started when I could not start the "build" operation on a m4v+wav file (timeline) that had been created by Media Encoder -- Encore would hang with "Program Not Responding".

Now I have a different problem: Encore hangs with "Program Not Responding" when I try to import a Media Encoder produced m4v+wav timeline.

Previously, I'd been using Encore for years with no issue.

Was some common file changed by Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the exception of Encore (updates stopped in 2012, I think), I am using Adobe Premiere Pro and Media Encoder along with After Effects with CC updates current on July 26, 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is still working is that you can open Encore, create a new project? Can you add a menu from the library?

I would create a 30 second test clip and export from PR with the default H.264 Blu-Ray settings. Does that fail?

If you are importing "as timeline," try to import as asset and pick only the m4v or the wav.

If so, delete the xmpses and xmp files in the export folder, and try again.

Can you export a test MPEG2-DVD format and import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd already tried most of what you suggest.  I also uninstalled/reinstalled Encore.  No joy.  I've now uninstalled Encore and am using another company's software to multiplex/transcode the m4v+wav file.  I went through an Adobe support chat and the fellow I was conversing with said he'd had no Encore training.  It seems like Adobe has just left Encore CS6 out there.  If it works, fine.  If not, too bad.

It's time to move on from Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is no support (Encore is end of life). It is still working well for some users;  not others.

What software are you using? There are several threads on alternatives, and other users often want to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing to try is Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running as administrator was addressed/tried in the other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too started having this problem.  I do not use Encore more than a few times a year.  It worked a few months ago but is not working now.  I will try the run as administrator suggestion but any new information on this problem?  In March 2017 there was a thread talking about how some Microsoft Windows 10 security patches broke Encore but mine was working in early 2018 so this was probably not my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem when encoding with Media Encoder 12.12.(Build 69). Encore CS6 is not responding when importing a m4v file (h264 Bluray, 25 Mbit VBR). When i reencode this file with Media Encoder from CC15 (same profile as used with CC18) the file can imported into encore without any problem. In end of april 2018 i was able to import m4v files to encore from Media Encoder CC18 without problems. It seems that an update of Media Encoder between end of april 2018 til mid of august causes the malfunction for encore. Is there any tweek for media encoder to encode h264 Bluray files that can imported to encore CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All import okay on my tests.

Win10 Pro 1803 PR 2018.1.2 AME 2018.1.2 Encore CS6

Using the H.264 Blu-ray format; 1080i 29.97

Export from PR direct; and AME with native, nonnative, accelerated and software only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the EXACT same issue. M4V files created in Premiere prior to 12.1.2 work fine when importing to Encore. M4V files created in 12.1.2 are not working. I have tried various settings. Nothing works.  The problem is not Encore. If you feed it a proper M4V, the program works fine. So, the issue HAS to be something in Media Encoder.  I hope they fix it. Because, I, like you, have the same periodic need to create Blu Ray discs.  What's the point of having a Blu Ray output setting if it used to work, but no longer does.

I sure hope someone can address this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some seemed to have same issue as me; some not.  Someone posited the issue was related to some change in Adobe Media Encoder.  I doubt Adobe even tests Encore when they update other software.  I now use Video Redo TV Suite 5 to do the audio/video multiplexing of Adobe Media Encoder output.  Back when Adobe Encore CS6 was working for me, I did not use Video Redo to multiplex because Encore wanted to re-transcode files that were multiplexed with Video Redo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely re-rendered everything from Premiere through AME and chose H.264 instead of H.264 Blu-Ray for the encoding.  Re-created the Encore project using the MP4 instead of M4V + WAV files and Encore successfully created the BD-R.  It had to transcode everything of course and took a long time, but it worked at least.  Have not looked into whether I notice a degradation in video quality but I will take a look at that as well as the bit rates and see what Encore did with the MP4s I gave it.  Feel I had more control using H.264 Blu-Ray from AME but that way does not work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems something has changed in Adobe Media Encoder.  I'd not tried to used Encore in months.  Yesterday I tried it.  I use Windows 10 (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803).  It did not fail on the import step, however I did get "error code 3" when trying to build the ISO image; this was resolved by running Encore in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines