Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Requirements

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently had to downgrade my MacBook Pro from Sierra to Yosemite because Sierra was an absolute nightmare and I couldn't even open Word. I had Lightroom 4 before I had to wipe my drive and re-install Yosemite as my OS but the application didn't manage to back-up on my external harddrive. I want to purchase Lightroom 6 as I can't justify the monthly subscription for my needs. My questions are:

1.) Will Lightroom 6 run on the Yosemite OS?

2.) If I download Lightroom 6, will I be able to load my saved Lightroom catalog from Lightroom 4 into Lightroom 6?

Thanks so much in advance. Just trying to get this computer working again after 6 months of nightmare with Sierra.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sm652  wrote

1.) Will Lightroom 6 run on the Yosemite OS?

2.) If I download Lightroom 6, will I be able to load my saved Lightroom catalog from Lightroom 4 into Lightroom 6?

Ans 1 - Lightroom 6 will work with Mountain Lion (10.8) and higher

Ans - 2 Your Lr 4 catalog will be upgraded by Lr 6 on first launch. A copy of your original catalog will also be kept should you choose to go back to Lr 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.1 and earlier will run on OSX 10.8, but if you want to run more recent versions of Lightroom 6, you need OSX 10.10 or later to run the most current version which is Lightroom 6.14. Lightroom Classic system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I have windows 10 & I successfully downloaded LR6; however when I opened the file I'm getting an error " Lightroom.exe-entry points not found "

"the procedure entry point.Agtransitcargo-_pushtransitcargo could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\adobe\adobe Lightroom \wichitafoundation.dll." ; I deleted all d old LR versions, deleted Adobe creative cloud manager

thnk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines