5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2009 6:33 AM by Captiv8r

System Audio

Academy_Jenn
      I am trying to capture something and use the system audio, but that option is not available for me. I have tried recording many different ways, and it never seems to be available to me. What am I missing?
        • 1. Re: System Audio
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Welcome to our community, Jenn

There isn't anything you are or are not doing that would cause this. As I understand it, whether the option is enabled or not is totally dependent upon whether the audio hardware in your particular computer supports such recording.

If you look at the FreeCorder web site, you will see a reference to this capability (or lack thereof).

Here is a quote:
          Works with any sound card, even those that don't support recording (like RealTek and SigmaTel).

Here is a link to the web site:
          Click here to visit the FreeCorder site

My own laptop has a SigmaTel sound card and the Captivate option is also disabled for me as well.

Hopefully this helps... Rick
          • 2. Re: System Audio
            Academy_Jenn Level 1
            Thanks. That's kind-of disappointing since I don't have control over what brand hardware is installed in my laptop. I have a SoundMAX Integraded Digital HD. :( I don't suppose Adobe publishes a list of what hardware would support this option?.... I sure they don't, but it sure would be nice :)
            • 3. Re: System Audio
              Hello again

Well, the good news here is that most of your system sounds are stored as individual sound files on your PC. So if you really want them in your Captivate projects, it's a pretty straightforward affair to insert them where needed. Sometimes you do have to be a bit creative in the approach.

Cheers... Rick
              • 4. Re: System Audio
                runjakerun
                I too am having a problem with recording audio. I want to record the audio that is playing on my web app but the system audio is grayed out! If i understand from the above thread it is my hardware that is the problem? Is there no way i can record the audio from my system at the same time narrating? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

runjakerun
                • 5. Re: System Audio
                  Welcome to our community, runjakerun

If you wish, you can acquire a mixing device that connects to the Microphone line. Then connect a Microphone to one input and connect a patch cable from the speaker out of the PC to another input.

Cheers... Rick