4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2018 4:59 PM by WobertC

Lightroom Conundrum

robertm98079738

I am operating the latest version of Lightroom Classic. Our photo studio uses 3 camera to photograph every product. Each camera has a unique color profile created for them. Upon import i assign each profile to the corresponding camera. My supervisor wants me to speed up workflow by having each camera profile assigned automatically by using each cameras unique serial number, upon import.  So far i haven't found any hints or tutorials on how to achieve this.  The fine people at adobe couldn't help either.  If anyone has a clue, please share.

• 1. Re: Lightroom Conundrum
          cmgap Adobe Community Professional

Does each camera have it's own card or do the cards go from camera to camera in a given shoot? If they have their own cards or you can make them have their own cards, you could set up an import preset for each camera. The cost of the cards is insignificant when compared to the cost of speeding up the workflow.

• 2. Re: Lightroom Conundrum
            WobertC Adobe Community Professional

I believe the answer is simple-

1) Open a raw image from Camera-1 in the Develop module.

If it has been Developed- [Reset] the photo back to 'as imported'

2) Set the defined Profile for Camera-1

3) Make this a Default-  Menu: Develop > Set Default Settings...

Repeat the three steps for Camera-2

Repeat the three steps for Camera-3

You are setting the Default Import Profile that is specific to each camera, so Lightroom will automatically identify the camera serial number when you import and apply its defined specific profile.

You can also include other settings in each 'Default' such as Noise Reduction, Import Sharpening, Lens Profile (checked),and Chromatic Aberration (checked).

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Lightroom Conundrum
              elie_di Level 4

One essential first step that WobertC apparently forgot to mention. Open Preferences and on the Presets tab check off the "Make defaults specific to serial number".

2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Lightroom Conundrum
                WobertC Adobe Community Professional

forgot to mention.

Put it down to "Brain Fade" at 1am.

Thanks for the Preferences option.