1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 28, 2008 5:28 AM by robdillon

Link to open swf in Flash player

nmak3000
      I am pretty new at flash and I have been slowly learning the do's and don'ts of actionscript. I have a problem that I can’t seem to figure out. Basically I'm trying to open an SWF file inside my current flash presentation, so basically you click a button and this SWF file would open I have managed to get this far using this code:

on(release) {
      loadMovie ("ff.swf", 1);;
      }

However it opens within the same window, so it makes the current flash document useless, basically I just want it so you click on the link and a new window will open separately so that you can view the swf file and click on X when you don't need it.

Any Help would be much obliged.
      Nmak3000
        • 1. Re: Link to open swf in Flash player
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant
          You want to open a new browser window. To do this, you want to publish the movie ff.swf to create its own html document. Then you want to open that html doc in its own window. To do that you would use getURL("ff.html", "_blank"); This will open an whole new browser window. If you want a custom window without all of the browser chrome, then you will have to use javascript to open that window. Do a search on window.open in this forum. You will find hundreds of examples.