4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2018 10:35 AM by vivekj_9911

Adobe Acrobat X1 Pro (11.0.23) question

vivekj_9911

Hi All,

I have been using this (paid) version for a few years now without any problems (I have the product and serial numbers in an e-mail)

Since yesterday I have noticed a problem when I open one particular file on my Windows laptop. For instance, I can see the first 41 pages of the file without any problem. However, when I click on the arrow to go to the next page, I get a dialog box that says,

"There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (131)"

When I click OK on this box, it brings me to a page with a grey background. If I look at the thumbnails in the left-most frame, I see greyed out pages. It does it for pages 42-44, but then page 45 is OK.After that it goes back and forth between greyed out pages and normally displayed pages, and then seems to be OK....

I tried a couple of other things:

a) Tried to save the open file with "Save As" - get the message that the file could not be saved

b) Tried to do a print to PDF - again, file cannot be priited.

The file is OK, because I can scroll through it on my phone's PDF viewer. Other people who have viewed this file see no problems.

Any suggestions? I don't want to randomly try things like "repair installation". It is only this one file that is causing a problem.

thanks