Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Enabling Device-Emulator

Level 2

Hi, we have a requirement to disable multiple features in AEM for certain Usergroups, but in the process, we also disabled the Device-Emulator in the Editor.

Which permissions does a Group/User need to view the emulated device?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Arun,

I've done that right now and it seems a usergroup also needs readpermissions on "/etc/mobile" to see the Emulator-Button

Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hello,

Try giving read permission on path "/libs/wcm/mobile/components/emulators/"

Regards,

Vishu

Level 2

Hi Vishu,

thanks for the fast reply, problem is the read permissions are set, but the button

1538427_pastedImage_0.png

is still not visible in the editor

Regards,

Herbert

Community Advisor

Hi,

Emulator is displayed based on com.day.cq.wcm.mobile.core.impl.MobileEmulatorProvider factory config,

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 2.51.55 PM.png

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

If you want to show/hide this button based on user group or privilages use renderconditions.

1. overlay /apps/wcm/core/content/editor/jcr:content/content/items/content/header/items/headerbar/items/emulator in app

2. create granite:rendercondition child node to emulator node (Render Condition — Granite UI 1.0 documentation )

+ granite:rendercondition

- sling:resourceType = "granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/renderconditions/privilege"

- path = "/my/path"

- privileges = "jcr:addChildNodes"

You can either use privilege or feature, If you need to enabled this based on aem groups rather then jcr privileges use sling feature flag.

Sling Feature Flag in AEM

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi Arun,

thanks for the response, but it seems it's not working with renderconditions since there seems to be an additional check for the emulator button to be displayed. I've looked into the MobileEmulatorProvider config and our resourcetypes are registered.

With the admin user and "content-authors"-Usergroup the Emulator-Button is visible, but with our custom "author" group it's not.

Thanks in advance,

Herbert

Community Advisor

Hi,

Could you please compare read permission of your custom "group" and "content-authors" ?

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Arun,

I've done that right now and it seems a usergroup also needs readpermissions on "/etc/mobile" to see the Emulator-Button

Regards,

Herbert