• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

titles in html file change automatically to the first sites title name

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im new to DW 2018. Im playin around building some practice sites. Ive studied a lot of videos and searched the web up and down. I built a few website with a title name of

. I built another one called

. And another one called

. At this point all the titles in ,html file  are as I named them. When I click the drop down to select one of the other two site to view the html file all my titles change to the first websites html file name "

". When I view the sites in goggle chrome all the titles are are as I named them originally. Sum it up the titles on all sites change only in the .html files to the first site title name. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

If all three sites take on the appearance of the last one you made edits to, it sounds to me like you are referencing a single root folder in each and essentially changing the same index.html file each time you open one of them.

site_folder
     index.html

Each of the three sites needs to be stored in separate root folder on your hard drive...

love_site_folder
     index.html

images

image1.jpg
peace_site_folder
     index.html

images

image1.jpg
joy_site_folder
     index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry folks my sites were name helloSiteOne, helloSiteTwo, and helloSiteThree. it took the names off my sentence because I put them in title tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can change the title manually in the html file. Soon as I select another site to view the html file it changes all sites title to the first sites html title name.  at first I thought the problem was because I created a new site and noticed I left the other sites html file open on the screen while building a new site. I deleted each site and built some new ones with different (not so close to the same title name) names. Ive tried everything I can to fix this to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also forgot to mention any code I type in one site automatically goes to the other sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete everything.

Create a new site definition.  Go to Site > New Site.  Give it any name you wish.  For example, myTestSite.   See screenshot.

CC-localsite.jpg

Next, go to File > New > Starter Templates.  Pick one and hit Create button.

Immediately save your newly created page as index.html.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

Change the <title> to  My Awesome Web Page.  Hit Ctrl+S to Save.

Now go to File > SaveAs > newfilename.html.

Change the <title> to Another Web Page.  Hit Ctrl+S to Save.

You should now have 2 pages with different titles and file names.

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy OShea, thanks for the reply. I am not new to coding, just new to dream weaver.

what you described was creating multiple pages on one site.

My problem is I've created 3 new sites the way you mentioned above except in developer mode not standard.

I didn't  create multiple pages per site.

Ok with all three sites created with original different titles.

Ok when I select the dropdown and switch from say site 1 to site 2 to do some coding, this is when I noticed the titles become the same as the others. my title and code become the same as the other sites.

Then when I test some practice code h1 or p or div or anything for that matter. the new elements go to all of my practice sites.

BUT when I view my sites in google chrome all the titles to all three sites are as I  originally named them.

When I insert a h1, p, or anything  in one of the sites all three sites show the same headings,  paragraphs etc. It like the code transfers to all three. In google chrome it shows all three sites with the original title (keep in mind the titles are all the same in html file for each site (because they changed automatically when the second and third site were built) but in the browser there name as I originally named them. I figured I could just deal with the titles changing in the html. But all my code from one site goes to all three sites also. What ever I do in one site goes to all three. I ruled out computer problems causing all these problem, because i have a Mac and pc, mines the Mac, my partners is the pc. we both have separate DW accounts. we both are experiencing the same problems. we both are at a halt and can't move forward. Is there some setting some where that need that need to be set prior to using maybe? Thank for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  So if I understand correctly you have 3 sites defined.  And the files in each of them are cross connected in some way.  This sounds like you have Templates that share the same information.

Please copy & paste your entire document code into a web forum reply.  Don't use email, it won't come through.

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

three new websites made  love peace and joy

website 1 "love"

file = index.html

<!doctype html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<title>love</title>  <!-- browser tab= love-->

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

website 2 "peace"

file = index.html

<!doctype html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<title>peace</title>   <!-- browser tab= peace-->

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

website 3 "joy"

file = index.html

<!doctype html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<title>joy</title>   <!-- browser tab= joy-->

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

<!-- NOW I WANT TO VIEW MY OTHER TWO SITES I JUST MADE-->

select dropdown

choose site 1

website 1 "love"

file = index.html

<!doctype html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<title>joy</title>  <!-- browser tab= love. This title changed to joy  because it was the last site i viewed-->

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

select dropdown

choose a site 2

website 2 "peace"

file = index.html

<!doctype html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<title>joy</title>  <!-- browser tab= peace. this title changed to joy -->

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

select dropdown

choose a site 3

website 3 "joy"

file = index.html

<!doctype html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<title>joy</title>  <!-- browser tab= joy. this title stayed the same  it was the last site/title i made-->

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

THIS IS A REVOLVING CIRCLE WITH ANY ELEMENT I TYPE INTO OR CHANGE ANY OF THE THREE SITES

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If all three sites take on the appearance of the last one you made edits to, it sounds to me like you are referencing a single root folder in each and essentially changing the same index.html file each time you open one of them.

site_folder
     index.html

Each of the three sites needs to be stored in separate root folder on your hard drive...

love_site_folder
     index.html

images

image1.jpg
peace_site_folder
     index.html

images

image1.jpg
joy_site_folder
     index.html
     images

image1.jpg

...and each root folder will have its own copy of index.html and any other files/folders you may need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines