• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open PDF's in IE. Error 0:104

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open PDF's through Internet Explorer. I get the following error message: "There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again (0:104)". I currently have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2018.011.20055. I ran a repair of the installation, I have Adobe Acrobat set as the standard software to use for PDF's, I tried with Adobe running and closed. No matter what, I keep getting the same error message. It works in Edge but not IE 11. How can I get PDF's to open in IE 11 as it did before?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

anthonyp410  wrote

My company does not allow the use of Edge. IE is the current standard and all internal URL's re-route to IE even if opened in Edge.

You are part of the 1.8%:

https://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_explorer.asp

If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthonyp410,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are receiving an error when tryinng to view pdf in IE, is that correct?

Please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Reboot the machine once if you haven't already and try again.

2- Reset Preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.  reboot the machine after resetting preferences and try again.

3- If you also have Adobe Reader installed on the machine, uninstall the application and check.

4- If that doesn't work, try resetting Internet explorer settings and check.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

I tried all the above and it did not solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthonyp410,

Could you try disabling Adobe Reader add-on in IE, relaunch IE, enabling it again and check if that helps? Refer to the steps given in the following link for the same: Display PDF in browser Adobe Acrobat, Acrobat Reader

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, but I do not have the Adobe Reader Add-On in IE. The only Adobe Add-On's listed are: Adobe Acrobat Create PDF Toolbar, Adobe Acrobat Create PDF Helper, and Adobe Acrobat Create PDF from Selection. I tried the steps you outlined with these Add-Ons and that did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a list of troubleshooting tips here on this Adobe Help page:

Troubleshoot viewing PDF files on the web

But if it works in Edge, why do you need IE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company does not allow the use of Edge. IE is the current standard and all internal URL's re-route to IE even if opened in Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

anthonyp410  wrote

You are part of the 1.8%:

https://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_explorer.asp

If

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines