Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radeon RX580 Graphic

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

i have a question about graphic cards - do you think the radeon rx580 is good for adobe products? Or is the support on this graphiccards not the best?

Thx for your answers

br Max

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support is not the best, especially since Adobe's implementation of OpenCL in Premiere Pro still has major rendering bugs, primarily green and/or pink stripes in the rendered video. Until Adobe fixes those OpenCL bugs, if you're running Windows you're better off locking Premiere to the software-only MPE mode in the project settings, or not choose that Radeon at all and going for an Nvidia GeForce GTX card instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true at all, i have AMD rx480 and have no bugs that are particular to AMD/Opencl videocard.

Rendered lots of projects in a span of 6 months with the usual problems that exists on both AMD and Nvidia, Adobe is the slowest NLE in 2018, everyone beats them at render speed, stabilization,  color grading, timeline performance and so on.

What little hope it has is the interface and ease of use, no one wants to start learning davinci or fcpx, we still hope Adobe at some point will give a f... and optimize Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have clarified that the OpenCL render issues occur on all GPUs that use it, not just AMD Radeons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And i should have clarified that render issues occur on all GPUs whether you use CUDA or Opencl.

Nvidia is plagued by the same bugs that happen on AMD, latest one was Intel's integrated GPU disabled discrete GPU on Nvidia, just check the forum and you will find a lot of complaints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been using an RX 580 for the past year, mostly in Photoshop and Illustrator with no major issues, and generally flawless performance. Agreed that render times in Premiere are really bad, but I don't know how much better a similarly priced card from Nvidia would do. Even After Effects runs and renders using my RX 580, but it is definitely laggy scrubbing the timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines