• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import video

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the import dialog, Lightroom Classic no longer displays thumbnails for video files. If I double-click one of the thumbnails to open it, Lightroom freezes and I have to force-quit. If I just click Import, Lightroom hangs, the progress bar not moving until I X out of it.

This problem started within the last month. I've done this process successfully many times before.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Hi Skilesbot,

We're sorry to hear about the videos not getting imported into Lightroom, could you please let us know what exact version of Lightroom you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Also, where are you importing the video from a network or an external drive? Could you try copying a video to the desktop and then try importing it into Lightroom and let us know if it helps?

You may also try unplugging any external devices and then try importing the videos and see how it goes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Skilesbot,

We're sorry to hear about the videos not getting imported into Lightroom, could you please let us know what exact version of Lightroom you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Also, where are you importing the video from a network or an external drive? Could you try copying a video to the desktop and then try importing it into Lightroom and let us know if it helps?

You may also try unplugging any external devices and then try importing the videos and see how it goes.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for replying. I was trying to import from the desktop. I ejected my other drives and restarted and it works now.

For the record I'm on:

Lightroom Classic CC 2018 (whatever the latest version is)

MacOS High Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there both still images and videos on the card and or in the folder you are trying to import from? If they are Move/Copy the videos to a separate folder and do an import of them by themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines