• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot access photos in external HD anymore

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have for several year internally moved my photos to an external HD, LaCie. Now, for some reason the LaCie has disappeared from the Folders in Lr6 and I can only see the photos taken this year in my internal Mac HD. What could potentially have happened and how can I restore the folder/connection to the LaCie? When checking with Finder all the archives and photos look intact and ok.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

It is possible you have opened a different catalog file.

Go to File->Open Recent and select each catalog there to see if you can find the one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kjellp,

This shouldn't be happening, let us help make this right. As the hard drive is not appearing in Lightroom, could you please let us know if it appears on the computer? Also, could you try plugging it into a different usb port and let us know if it works?

Could you please post a screenshot of Lightroom, so that we an review it at our end and provide you a possible solution?

You may also have a look at this thread and see how it goes:

Lightroom: External hard drives not displayed in my Library any longer. | Photoshop Family Customer ...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drive died, lost connection to computer, OS X need time to mount the drive after boot up.

Open Finder and check that the drive is listed and files on the drive are visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a drive dies, it should still show in the Lightroom folder panel, but as 'disconnected' (name in black, no green light). The folders should also still be in the folder panel, but shown as 'missing' (question marks, name in italics). So a question for kjellp54394748 : Do you see the drive and the folders at all (as missing), or has the drive (and its folders) disappeared completely? Could it be that the drive is simply show collapsed (see screenshot)?

Lightroom.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible you have opened a different catalog file.

Go to File->Open Recent and select each catalog there to see if you can find the one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to Everyone, and a huge thank for your suggestions. I checked them all but dj_paige gave me the correct solution. I do not know how and when but going the track it appeared there was an incorrect catalog chosen.

This is a great forum, thanks to all of you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

He not coming photo in HD PSC

Picsart_22-10-23_18-16-36-070.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines