• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I see my now-disabled (post 8/1) Facebook publish collections?!

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Facebook wants to cut off desktop application uploads with basically no notice... fine.

Lightroom throws an error message about this... fine.

www.adobe.com/go/facebook-sharing-error

But regardless of the upload capability for the plugin, how can I view (and copy to permanent Lightroom collections) the local versions of the folders? I obviously have all of the source DNGs, etc., but there is a considerable amount of editing and organization in there.

If there is no easy way, can I reload an older version of the plugin using Time Machine?

And hey Adobe, can we have a slightly more graceful letdown on stuff like this...?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

This script Facebook recovery script – Lightroom Solutions will copy your sets/collections to the regular Collections panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have accepted the facebook API change, so your question is (from my best reading of the above) is how to move images to a LR Collection?

Or do you mean Catalog perhaps . . . ?

Is that still your best option which platform and version of LR are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In publish collections you can have folders and sub-folders, etc.  I used to use Jeffrey Friedl's facebook plugin, which obviously stopped working at the same time as the Adobe facebook plugin.  But I can still access the folders/sub-folders in Friedl's plugin, but you can't access the folders in the Adobe plugin, it simply says it is "disabled" and when you click on it it throws up a dialog box.  I'm assuming the question is how to get access to the collections (even if they won't upload/sync).  I can't answer the question sorry   but would suggest contacting support directly as I doubt there is a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the contact info for support? i am having the exact same issue and tonnes of edited work is just gone. thank you for the info if you can provide please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the exact same issue. have you found any further information since your initial post on the 1st of august?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This script Facebook recovery script – Lightroom Solutions will copy your sets/collections to the regular Collections panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

For Mac users, you need to go to Preferences-->Presets and uncheck "store presets with this catalog." Then hit the button for showing the presets folder. Make a Scripts folder in there (if there isn't one). Drop the .lua file in there, recheck the "store presets with this catalog"  and restart LR. You will now have a scripts menu.

Consistent with using plugins with Adobe's other products, there are other places for scripts that might look right but are not.  These include:

- Opening the LR package, wherein there is a Scripts folder

- The location LR takes you when you press "show the presets folder" from preferences when you have the "store presets with this catalog" checked.

Dante

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did you initially have a message error when you tried this? i am asking a tech person within adobi to try it for safety reasons and he said he got an error message ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines