• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map Module won't work in LR Classic 7.4

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use the Map module this morning and get an "Oops" message saying there is a Java problem preventing Google Maps from loading. The message says to correct this via the Java console, but I have no idea what to do. I've successfully used the Map module for years, have tens of thousands of images with GPS tags. Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas what to pursue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Google seems to have changed something. Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch, otherwise Adobe may have to bring out an update before it works again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, thanks for confirming that I'm not alone. I've furthermore found that not only does the Map module not display, but any images Exported now do not carry GPS data with them. Since that's important to me, I'm forced to stop my project that involves exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes got the same problem in Lightroom 6.14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now lightroom says Google Maps is online but shows no maps, still useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is working normally now. Windows 7, LR Classic 7.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem here. The Map module is working as expected (Lr 7.4, MacOS X High Sierra).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here 7.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working for me now, too.  5 pm Pacific Daylight Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, that was a fast fix! Would love to know what happened, but I don't suppose we ever will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Google may have tweaked something server-side but good to see it working again so quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines