3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2018 10:18 PM by WobertC

UNWANTED AUTO START OF LIGHTROOM 7.4

john094949

VERSION:  LIGHTROOM CLASSIC CC RELEASE 7.4.

AUTO IMPORT IS NOT ENABLED.

THE COMPUTER ON WHICH THIS ISSUE IS OCCURRING IS A LARGE WORKSTATION WITH 8 INTERNAL HARD DRIVES AND MULTIPLE READERS THAT CAN READ COMPACT DISK OR SD DRIVES USED IN MY VARIOUS CAMERAS.  LIGHTROOM IS INSTALLED ON THE "C" DRIVE BUT ALL LIGHTROOM IMAGE FILES AND LIBRARY FILES ARE LOCATED ON OTHER HARD DRIVES.

A SAN DISK EXTREME PRO 32GB SD DRIVE WAS IN ONE OF THE DISK READERS.  ALL OF THE RAW PHOTO IMAGES ON THAT SD DRIVE HAD BEEN IMPORTED INTO LIGHTROOM TWO DAYS AGO.  AUTO EJECT IS NOT ENABLED.   I DO NOT LIKE AUTO OPERATIONS BY PROGRAMS.  I LIKE TO CONTROL EVERYTHING.

WHILE WORKING ON UNRELATED NON ADOBE PROGRAMS AND READING EMAIL MY INSTALLED LR CC SELF STARTED TO THE IMPORT SCREEN IDENTIFYING A SD DRIVE WHICH HAS PREVIOUS IMPORTED.  I CLOSED LIGHTROOM.  THEN OVER A PERIOD OF ABOUT 30 MINUTES IT AUTO STARTED FIVE MORE TIMES.  EACH TIME I IMMEDIATELY CLOSED IT.

QUESTION: HOW DO YOU STOP THIS ANNOYING SELF START OF LIGHT ROOM?  DON'T SAY TAKE THE SD DRIVE OUT OF THE READER; YES THAT WOULD WORK BUT I ALSO DOWNLOAD FILES TO OTHER SOFTWARE THAN JUST ADOBE LIGHTROOM CC AND THERE IS NO LOGICAL REASON FOR LIGHTROOM TO START WHEN I HAVE SPECIFICALLY NOT ENABLED ANY AUTO IMPORT.

• 1. Re: UNWANTED AUTO START OF LIGHTROOM 7.4
          WobertC Adobe Community Professional

For a start- Remove any check mark in the Preferences option-

ScreenShot078.jpg

• 2. Re: UNWANTED AUTO START OF LIGHTROOM 7.4
            john094949 Level 1

THANKS.  The suggestion to check out the "preferences" was the key.  The last Lightroom upgrade to version 7.4 seemed to have reset all my preferences back to what I call Adobe preferences.  The only reset that had come to my attention since installing 7.4 was the one that caused the attempt to auto download.  But on careful review of ALL preferences I found many of MY PREFERENCES changed in 7.4 upgrade to what I call ADOBE PREFERENCES.  And since Adobe and I seldom agree on how to manage my files I basically reset almost every option to return it to the way I had it before 7.4 upgrade.

Thanks ADOBE for the sabotage without warning!!!!

• 3. Re: UNWANTED AUTO START OF LIGHTROOM 7.4
              WobertC Adobe Community Professional

Answer found, good.

Apparently one (or more) of your "MULTIPLE READERS" was being detected as "Removable media" (as are Camera Cards).

It is not only Camera Cards that can trigger the Import dialog, but many things "Removable".

I cannot explain the Preferences reset. Normally that would not occur with an update. (never has for me- thankfully)