• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2018.011.20055 insufficient data for an image

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update to my Acrobat Pro DC, I now get the error message on files after they have been open for some time. I do a lot with PDF's that have images on them and they are all fine when first opening them and working with them (Measuring etc) and then after leaving them open for a period of time, I come back to view them and get the error message: insufficient data for an image.

The previous version never used to do this to me and I have been opening these same PDF's for a long time. I dont see it as an issue with the file, because I say, my previous version never had a problem viewing the same files.

This has become very frustrating and time wasting as I have to close the file and re-open it again.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carrots123,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting above mentioned error when pdf files are kept open for some time in Acrobat DC, is that correct?

Could you try repairing Acrobat using "Repair installation" option under Help menu ( for Windows OS only), reboot the machine after repair and check.

You may also visit the following forum threads discussing the similar issue:

Insufficient data for an image error message

insufficient data for an image

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Shivam. I tried the 'repair installation' and re-boot, but it has made no difference.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with multiple users here. is there anything I can provide for troubleshooting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carrots123,

Would it be possible to share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may also share the link for the pdf via private message - How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam, find a typical example of the files I am having issues with here: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carrots123,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I tried replicating the issue on the machine using the file you shared but the issue was not reproducible. You may try updating Acrobat to the latest patch using check for updates option under Help menu, reboot the machine and check if that resolves the issue.

You may also try changing zoom settings and/or re-saving the pdf as an optimized pdf as the threads posted above suggest and see if that helps.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew you wouldn't find an issue with the file....its an issue with the software. And its very frustrating that you can't seem to give me a helpful answer! And I have the latest version. These PDFs are being produced by external freelancers for us, and all my company use them (and dont have this issue!) so optimising every pdf (hundreds of them) is not practical!

Is there anyone else here in the forum that has this issue currently that has found a fix??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carrots123,

You may try updating Acrobat to the latest patch by clicking Help > check for updates. Once the update is installed, reboot the machine and check if that helps.

If issue still persists, try replicating the issue is a new user account by clicking on the Start button then select Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC. ( Win 10) Login into that account, launch Acrobat from there and check.

I would like to add that the file is created by a third-party application which uses its own mechanism to create pdf which we don't have any control over.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines