• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't insert graphics from CC Libraries

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to place graphics from my CC Library into an InDesign document, but I keep getting the error:

This file is already open by another user or application. This file may be stored on a network server and cannot be opened until the other user closes it.

I'm not able to pull from library in Illustrator of Photoshop either. I Photoshop I see the error "Could no place the document because the file could not be found. In Illustrator nothing happens at all. It doesn't work, but I don't see an error message either.

I tried following a couple of recommendations from users on this forum, but nothing has worked:

• Closed and restarted all Adobe apps
  • Restarted computer
  • Renamed library
  • Duplicate graphics

The original artwork was on my desktop before I added it to my CC library. I haven't moved it, so even it was linking to the original it should be working.

As a test, I opened up a new EPS graphic and added it to my CC library.I was able to use that with no problems, so the issue seems to be with only with graphics I previously added to my library.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

I'm wondering if something got messed up in your CC storage hosted by Adobe. That's where CC library items live, they're not  on your hard drive, really  (so very strange  to get those messages).

Can you see your library items on your CC space? Make a library active in CC Libraries in any app and choose View on Web from the panel menu, or go directly there: Adobe Creative Cloud

(That's assets2.adobe.com). Make sure you're logged in with your correct CC subscription email/pw.

assets.jpg

That will help  in d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried relaunching the Creative Cloud processes?

1. Quit any running Adobe Applications including the Creative Cloud desktop application.
  2. Relaunch Creative Cloud desktop and press cmd+option+R (Mac) or ctrl+alt+R (Windows) to restart the CC processes.
  3. Relaunch InDesign and try using the libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a trick:

- Do another Adobe ID for yourself

- Share your CC library for this new Adobe ID

- Drag&Drop, create new CC library from dropped objects.

A question: Do you really need cloud library? If not than use classical "not cloud" .indl

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if something got messed up in your CC storage hosted by Adobe. That's where CC library items live, they're not  on your hard drive, really  (so very strange  to get those messages).

Can you see your library items on your CC space? Make a library active in CC Libraries in any app and choose View on Web from the panel menu, or go directly there: Adobe Creative Cloud

(That's assets2.adobe.com). Make sure you're logged in with your correct CC subscription email/pw.

assets.jpg

That will help  in diagnosing the problem. I know Adobe has  been doing a lot of behind-the-scenes work with CC Libraries and CC Files, you may have been caught in a temporary glitch.

AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use anything from the library and on other spreadsheets that i created with the icon from the library are all blank. Can some someone help please, my deadline is around the corner.Can't insert graphics from CC LibrariesAdobe Library issue.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest posting your question on the forum below which is viewed by those who actually engineer the CC Libraries and CC assets

File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

We use the libraries and assets in InDesign, but that's where they're developed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem!!!!

Did you find any solution????Skærmbillede 2019-04-02 kl. 08.32.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow my advice and post CC Library questions here:

File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as originally described.  When I log in to my adobe I find that all of my library items are there.  Not sure why this still shows up.  I cant use the libary at all for files.  Onlypulls color swatchs.  Curently on macbook pro mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of InDesign? Have you tried on a different machine if libraries work?

Please make sure you have the Creative Cloud desktop app and InDesign updated to the latest version.

You may try deleting the CoreSync & database files by following steps given below:

• Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Go to:

• Mac: <Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSyncSync
  • Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync
  • And delete any file that has *.db (or a variation such as *.db-wal)
  • Restart the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I already quit CC and signed in again, but that didn't fix the issue. I
have already had the latest CC and ID version. Currently: 15.0.2

That file pathway doesnt exist on my macbook. I am on Mojave, macbook pro

--
jansen erichson
{Personal information removed by MOD}

*"Tis not the loudest machines or inventions that move this world, truly it
is quiet thoughts and ideas in the mind, it is silence, verily this world
revolves- inaudibly." * -Nietzsche/Zarathustra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue but only with SHARED libraries. Weirdly, my shared libraries were working fine on Monday but when I tried to drag from them on Tuesday, they didn't work. Libraries that I had created were working fine. The 'answer' is not an answer, as I have been online and the libraries are all there and I can even download elements. I have also tried Ashutosh's suggestion and deleted the .db files, bit still no good, even after rebooting machine. I am working remotely with a group of other designers who are having no issues using these same shared libraries.
In an attempt to 'just get on', I experimented with exporting a shared library from Indesign and then importing it back into Indesign. I am able to drag elements in these re-imported libraries, but obviously the library is no longer dynamic, so not ideal.
Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've rooted few things down with my co-workers. 
After newest Creative Cloud update these things occured:

- Libraries seem to work perfectly fine with another softwares like Illustrator or Photoshop.

- Only InDesign is not allowing to use libraries. Tested on the newest and few older versions. Except:

- The library owner of shared library can use it, no other users.

- Opening library items works. So the files are not gone.

Hopefully Adobe will fix this ASAP. It's slowing down our creative progress quite a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the exact same problem at my office, and it turned up yesterday for us as well. Me as creator of the shared library can use everything, but everone else get's the same error message.

Because of a plugin that we need we're stuck at using Indesign 2017, so that might be part of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue at my workpace. Only InD is affected, and deleting, reinstalling, clearing all relevant areas and apps as suggested in previous posts hasn't yielded any results. I'm guessing it might be a bug, as it started being a problem yesterday which is the same timeframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chatted with a Adobe support tech yesterday, and apparently they were doing some maintenance on CC Libraries (amongst other things), which might be the cause. Check status.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We have identified the problem and looking into the ways to fix it for customers using Id 14. There is no issues with Libraries in the latest InDesign v15.
Unfortunately, there is no possibility this will be fixed on lower Id versions as those are not supported anymore.

We will keep you posted!

Thank you,
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Hi @BertNing 

Our team has worked on a fix and we have it ready! While we are preparing to deliver this to everyone, we decided to post the CCLibraries installer to unblock customers who are facing this problem:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/libraries-panel-not-working.html
Please, use the Libraries installer provided in Solution 1.

Let us know if that resolved the issue for you.

Thank you,
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariia,

Sorry, only just got back to my computer, been freelancing off-site.

It worked! Thanks 😀

Bert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It fixed the problem for us as well, even though we're using an older version than Id 14 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines