3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2018 11:20 AM by christopherm46014909

power point issues

christopherm46014909 Level 1

I have been having problems with a Power Point export (MP4) when imported into Premier Pro. Basically cars coloured red have been turning orange. When I view the original file outside Premier, the car is definitely red. Has anyone else ever come across this problem and is there a way of correcting it.

• 1. Re: power point issues
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is the color space of the original media for the Powerpoint RGB?

If it is CMYK, see here:

CMYK and PowerPoint

• 2. Re: power point issues
            R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

PeruBob has an excellent point ... also ...

PrPro works in sRGB/Rec 709, the general standard for broadcast video. It will to the best of its ability show things within its own monitors accurately within that space.

Is your monitor a 'native' sRGB monitor, or perhaps one of the P3 wide-gamut rigs that ship with a lot of the new Macs? Sadly, that OS isn't setup to allow easy calibration of the monitor for Rec709 viewing, at least from what many here have posted.

Neil

• 3. Re: power point issues
              christopherm46014909 Level 1

I think I’ve worked it out. I failed to mention something critical in my message which was that the ppt graphics were produced with a pink key. Most things key amazingly well using Ultra Key but of course anything with degrees of red can be a problem. Only just worked it out. Thanks for responding though.

[Microsoft sales link removed by moderator]

1 person found this helpful