2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2008 3:33 PM by Rothrock

Using Opaque wmode

Rothrock Level 5
      I'm making some software training and we need to simulate context menus. They will be for various software packages and they need to match visual what the user would actually see.

I found a solution that works in an html page and it seems to work well. It does require wmode='opaque' and I've heard for years that wmode is a bit buggy and unpredictable.

So I'm wondering if any of all y'all have experience with right clicks and/or experience with wmode. Most of the problems I'm finding listed on the web effect Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc. And many of them are specific to things like a British keyboard or mousewheel.

For the most part we only have to support IE 6 on XP and maybe Vista. So that narrows the opportunities for craziness. But I would like to know more before I proceed. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Using Opaque wmode
          Damon Edwards Level 3
          Hey there Rothrock. All these years I've heard the horror stories, however, I've not once ran into a problem using wmode. I've used it uncountable amount of times, and not once seen a problem. I test on both Mac and PC before launching a site too. Firefox/PC/Safari on the PC and Firefox/Safari on the Mac, never had a problem. Just my 2 cents.
          • 2. Re: Using Opaque wmode
            Rothrock Level 5
            Cool, thanks. Yeah they don't come up on the forums all that often, but occasionally and quite mysterious when they do. I think it will be worth it for what we need.