• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

strong cpu no gpu

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read here that gpu works only in special cases (some effects), but everything is done by cpu.

If there is a strong cpu (i7 8th generation) and no separate gpu, can I edit fhd / 4k video without jamming?

The point is for me to edit. Smooth timeline, no lags. I have time to wait for the export.

To sum up: a strong new cpu, many rams, ssd, NO gpu.

What I would use: Premier Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Lightroom.

Thanks for the reply. !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the CPU platform. A higher-end platform requires a GPU just for the system to even work at all. In that particular case, then make sure that the GPU's memory throughput is higher than the throughput of that system's main RAM. (After all, it makes no sense whatsoever to buy an i7-7820X based system and then equip it with only a GeForce GT 1030 GPU, which may result in the entire system perform significantly slower than it should even if the GPU isn't utilized at all.)

On the other hand, the current Coffee Lake i7 CPUs have integrated Intel UHD Graphics, with outputs on the motherboard that are associated with that IGP. Without an IGP, a GPU would still be required to even work at all. However, the IGP is weaker than even a decent inexpensive GPU (as I discovered in my own personal testing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was thinking of Intel 1151, i7-8700 (uhd 630) without gpu. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines