8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2018 3:43 AM by Axel Matt

Lightroom Classic CC suddenly will not boot up

cathw54975100 Level 1

I cannot open Lightroom Classic CC. I get the splash screen, then the beachball. That too disappears but the icon on my dock says the app is still open, and I need to force quit to shut down. It was all working perfectly.

I can however open Lightroom CC.

I use a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB memory 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 and startup disk Mercury EXTREME SSD 480GB.

Despite my best efforts, I cannot resolve this issue. I have done all that I can find via Adobe and the forum, but to no avail. Here's what I've done:

1. Sign out and back in from Creative Cloud (Lightroom doesn't launch or closes automatically after splash screen)
      2. Searched for SLCache and SLStore folders so that I can rename them, but I can't find them (Lightroom doesn't launch or closes automatically after splash screen)
      3. Investigated my graphics driver, in case the driver needed upgrading, but according to the Intel website, all I need do is keep the OS updated, which it is. I can't disable the graphics driver using Lightroom preferences, because the program won't open.
      4. I've searched for the useAutoBahn string using textedit of any of the .plist files. Turning off Lightroom’s GPU preferences even when crashing on startup. I can find one instance of that, but there is no "true" associated with it ie I can't change "true" to "false".
      5. I've deleted any .plist files related to Lightroom https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2464385
      6. I uninstalled LR Classic CC, used the Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner tool, and then reinstalled (so all software is up to date).

I don't know what else I can do!

HELP!!!