2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2008 9:51 AM by JoeDaSilva

Justified text - last line stretched

Pat_Mc
      Hi
      I'm using fireworks (MX) to create text 'images' for use on a web site. I'm wanting justified text. My text may contain several paragraphs per image. If the end of a paragraph has say only a few words, then the 'justified' layout means that these few words are stretched across the whole width of the text block. Is there a special paragraph break that stops the final line from being stretched? (I have tried highlighting the last line and setting left instead of justified, and whilst this works, its a very cumbersome approach.) Any help into how to achive this would be appreciated. Thanks pat
        • 1. Re: Justified text - last line stretched
          Level 7
          Pat_Mc wrote:
          > Hi
          > I'm using fireworks (MX) to create text 'images' for use on a web site. I'm
          > wanting justified text. My text may contain several paragraphs per image.

Not a good idea, Pat. You should be using HTML rather than image text
          for your site. People who surf with images turned off won't be able to
          see anything. In addition, the site will not be cataloged by any of the
          major search engines. Search engine spiders read text, not images.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Justified text - last line stretched
            JoeDaSilva Level 4
            Highlight the last line of text, cut it from the paragraph, and then past it back in place as its own line. Set the bottom line to left align and that should achieve the look you want.