• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How make all 1:1 images view same area?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom whatever the current version is.........

I have 2 or 5 or 18 images of the same subject.  And I want to view them at 1:1 to look at details.  Take first image, click an area to zoom to 1:1.  Jump to another  image and it may or may not show the area I zoomed to in the first image.  Drag around the current image to view a different area and switch to the previous or another image.  It doesn't show the same area I was viewing in the previous image.  It appears to show the area I was previously viewing.  As I do this repeatedly, looking at different areas of different images, the images do not sync so when I move from image to image I'm not viewing the same area...

Which is a major pain in the behind when you're trying to figure out WHICH of a bunch of images have the best sharpness in a specific area of the image.  Think several focus stacks of a subject where you're trying to check several areas of the different stack output(s).

I figure I'm missing some switch or setting or something that will tell Lightroom to sync the viewing area as I move between zoomed images so any image I switch to shows the same area.  And, hopefully, to be able to turn that synch OFF, so moving from image to image DOESN'T display the same area as shown in the previous image.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Have you tried "Compare View"  Select two files- Key Shortcut   or click the [XY] icon.

Zoom area follows both photos exactly.

You can swap 'Select / Candidate' and choose other photos to compare on the Filmstrip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried "Compare View"  Select two files- Key Shortcut   or click the [XY] icon.

Zoom area follows both photos exactly.

You can swap 'Select / Candidate' and choose other photos to compare on the Filmstrip.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Um, no <hangs head in shame>, that never crossed my mind!  I kept trying to get the full screen view zoomed in to let me go from image to image and have them sync.  The split screen isn't optimal, but it's better than chasing a bunch of images all over, trying to see the same area in each!

Thanks for the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines