• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Elements premier 2018 failed to install correctly

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed my PS elements 2018 disc and was shown errors that are many in discussions threads-MS Visual C redistribution errors...   I clicked finished and PS elements actually worked but noticed many other programs in background didn't respond.  Tried to fix but had to hard shut down hard.  I am tempted to uninstall and reinstall but think that program should work right out of box.  My system is Win 10 pro with updates current to two days ago so don't need to update and its new pc workstation with lots of power and fast everything.  I do have PS CC photographers edition currently installed so maybe there's something with that.

Should I just return to Amazon and get money back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>errors that are many in discussions threads-MS Visual C redistribution errors

Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the C runtime, or for ALL Windows help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What poor recommendation this is. I go to page and its general MS page and when I enter in the search info which is not in parenthesis it goes to page that has many reinstall win C distribution links. Am I suppose to know which? I am not doing this potentially important change in my system.

Please be more detailed as to why I have updated system and need to change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newheart95, what Visual C++ Redistributable is listed as not being installed or damaged?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Went another route and found chat im and maybe because it was associated with my CC photographers (paid CC PS) account they asked for phone number and called me.  First tech couldn't help me but transferred to another tier and he walked me through it quickly and fixed it.  When I asked what he did remotely he said " just reset settings since you already had redistributable and Elements wanted to reinstall another of the same."  Not sure what that meant but it now works without pc hanging up.

Seems that Elements 2018 download file is not updated after bugs detected.  Also, this addition, 2018,compared to 15 is not much different.  One feature I like is if you want to do closed eyes to open it can work but only if you have identical photos-one closed eye and one open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines