6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2008 10:08 AM by Doc816

How to adjust gap between tilelist items?

Doc816 Level 1
      Hi,

I have a tilelist which uses a custom item renderer component to render its items. I am seeing a gap between the rows of items (no gap between columns). I cannot seem to find a property of tileList which lets you adjust this gap.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: How to adjust gap between tilelist items?
          Doc816 Level 1
          Thanks for the overwhelming number of responses to my simple question

All i had to do was set the paddingbottom and padding top to 0.

• 2. Re: How to adjust gap between tilelist items?
            peterent Level 2
            It sometimes takes a while for people to log in and view questions. We don't have a staff to cover this as it is customer driven. It could also be that no one who read your question knew the answer. If the padding to zero worked, please mark your response as the answer so that others can quickly find it and solve their problem.

Please don't let this experience stop you from using the forums; everyone helps everyone - it just may take a bit.
            • 3. Re: How to adjust gap between tilelist items?
              ntsiii Level 3
              I'll be a little harsher:

If you solved the problem youself in an hour an eleven minutes, you've got no business whining about getting no responses.

We have jobs to do and do not sit around waiting for you to ask for help.

Get a grip.

Tracy
              • 4. Re: How to adjust gap between tilelist items?
                Doc816 Level 1
                Easy tracy. I didnt make as big of a fuss as you are making comenting about my response. Perhapse you could've used that time to answer someones question?

Also, the solution I mentioned actually only solved part of the problem:

By setting the paddingtop and paddingbottom, I can adjust the gap between the row, but paddingleft and padding right on the tileList control has no affect on the gap between the columns (horizontal gap between items)?

Thanks to anyone taking their time to help :)

• 5. Re: How to adjust gap between tilelist items?
                  peterent Level 2
                  The Tile container has horizontalGap and verticalGap properties. I'm not sure why that wasn't carried over to the TileList.

What you have to do is make your itemRenderer have the empty space. So if you want a 10 pixel gap between columns, make you margins or padding on your itemRenderer have 5 pixels on each side. Ditto for top and bottom.

This isn't ideal, I know, but that's how you do it. Please file an enhancement request at bugs.adobe.com (log in with your Adobe ID) if you like.
                  • 6. Re: How to adjust gap between tilelist items?
                    Doc816 Level 1
                    Thanks for your help peter. Your suggestion is the workaround I had in mind. I was hoping there was a proper way to do this. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to look into it for me.

Rosh