1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 6, 2018 7:20 AM by dj_paige

Super Lightroom Conundrum

robertm98079738

I am currently operating Lightroom Classic CC 7.4    on my iMac 4 GHz Intel Core i7 with 32 GB of ram OS High Sierra.    Lately, my LR has become very unstable.

When trying edit in LR using the brush tool (K) I get constant beach balls. to the point of uneditability.  I can't draw a straight line anymore without a beach ball right in the middle of the stroke. and at least 50% of the time now while brushing The program crashes. This also happened in the last version of LR.   please help.

• 1. Re: Super Lightroom Conundrum
          dj_paige Level 10

This is a well known problem in Lightroom, that lots of brushing causes slowdowns and other latency. Same for doing lots of spot healing. If you are going to do a lot of brushing and/or a lot of spot healing, you might want to try some or all of these steps:

1. Turn off the GPU acceleration (Preferences->Performance tab->uncheck "Use Graphics Processor")
          2. Do the brushing and/or spot healing as the next to last step while editing, and in the last step, turn on transforms and lens corrections
          3. Do brushing and/or spot healing in Photoshop
          4. Reduce the pixel size of the monitor to 1920x1080 or thereabouts
          5. Get a faster CPU
          1 person found this helpful