• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server. The solution offered at the Acrobat web site below was tried and failed.

Solution

To resolve the problem, try the following solutions in the order they appear below.

Solution 1:

Note:

It's recommended to take a backup of the Windows registry before making any changes to it.

• Open the Windows Registry Editor:
    1. Click Start > Run.
    2. Type Regedit in the Open field and then click OK.

• Navigate to following registry key:
        HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\acrobat\shell\open\ddeexec\application

• Take a backup: Right-click the Application key and export it to your desktop.

• Change the key "AcroviewA18" to "AcroviewR18".(Here, the value of A and R depends on the version of Acrobat installed. For example, for Acrobat 2018, the value will be A18.)

• Close the registry editor and Acrobat.Relaunch Acrobat and see whether the problem is resolved. If not, try the next solution.

Solution 2:

1. Check whether an Anti-virus program is installed on the machine.

• If yes, disable the program. Check whether the problem is resolved.

• Update your Acrobat to the latest version, and check whether the problem is resolved.To automatically update from Acrobat, choose Help > Check for updates. Follow the steps in the Updater window to download and install the latest updates.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allanp4,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server, is that correct?

Please try the troubleshooting steps given in the following forum thread under correct answer:

I have been getting the "acrobat fail to send a DDE command"

If that doesn't work, try repairing Acrobat using the steps given in the following link:

Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server (Installation & updates)

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reaching out, Shivam.  Regretfully, the solutions offered above failed.  I am using pdf995 now as Adobe Acrobat has crashed on me too many times and the support help is negligible.  Answers on forums, especially from Adobe staff, are written in language that is hard for average computer users to understand. pdf995 is not as smooth a program to use as Acrobat, but it works all the time and their support is fast and complete.  Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are my observations:

If

the PC does not have Java installed

and

the JavaScripts are enabled in Adobe Acrobat Preferences page, JavaScript section

then this pesky error will appear from time to time while Acrobat is running: "Acrobat failed to connect to DDE Server"

Either install Java on the PC or disable the JavaScripts.  In my case, I did both as I do not care for Java on my PC.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines