13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2018 6:17 AM by Sheena Kaul Branched from an earlier discussion.

Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year

PopBo999

This did me over as well. I purchased a one month subscription for 10 photos (I only purchased 1 photo.). Adobe have continued to withdraw money from my account... over $800 and are automotically renewing my account WITHOUT my consent!!! There is NO possible way to cancel what I DIDNT subscribe to!! I’m taking this direct to the ombudsman. The advert said $39.59 and you get 10 photos for 12 months. It did NOT say 39.59 per month for every month, for an entire year! This is theft!!!

• 1. Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Brydie,

I really apologize for such an experience that you've been through but trust me, this is not what Adobe wants its customers to have.

I did check your account and see that you've an active Adobe Stock subscription for which I believe that you've stopped paying as there is no payment info available but the subscription seems to be active till date.

Also, I checked the Stock history for the downloads and it seems that you've been charged for all the months and have not been using the service. In the first month that was September 2016, only 6 licenses were downloaded.

Currently the Legal subscription terms | Adobe are what are applicable on your account.

Can you confirm me if you'd reached out to the customer support for the cancellation or refund request? If yes, kindly provide me the case reference number for your interaction so that I can check the details and help you better.

Regards,

Sheena

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year
            PopBo999 Level 1

Hi Sheena,

I cancelled online and was not issued with any reference number. I only

ever downloaded 1 photo and cancelled within a week as the service was not

for me. My Adobe account shows that Adobe has been taking money from me

each month since 2016. Adobe must stop taking my money immediately! And I

should be refunded all money as I cancelled within the 1 month risk free.

This was all done online via account management and you have no right to

keep renewing without my permission. I am contacting NSW Fair Traiding

regarding this matter as soon as I can during business hours tomorrow. I

should have NO active subscriptions with Adobe! You cannot keep renewing a

subscription that I cancelled! Please see all attachments. I will also be

going into my bank tomorrow and seek support in pursuing reimbursement for

all your illegal withdrawals. This is so dishonest!

On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 at 12:05 am, Sheena Kaul <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year

Hi there,

I agree that we've charging you each month since 2016 but if you check your license history on Adobe stock it will show that you've licensed 6 images and not just 1.

Additionally, the subscription had never been cancelled because it still shows active to me and whenever you cancel a subscription you get a confirmation email for the same or else you can cancel through customer support which as per the records I don't see you did.

I don't mean to be rude to you but I'm just letting you know what I see on the records here, however, since you don't use the service anymore I can help you with the cancellation right now if you want.

Regards,

Sheena

• 4. Re: Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year
                PopBo999 Level 1

I downloaded 1 photo and cancelled within the risk free month. No other

photos were downloaded and this is fraud! You’ve been reported to my bank

for taking funds illegally.

On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 at 12:10 am, twaritar3263062 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 5. Re: Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year
                  PopBo999 Level 1

You’re thieves!! You literally just took another transaction from my bank

account!!! STOP this immediately! My bank is officially raising a dispute

with ADOBE! Stop stealing my money! I did not subscribe and I did not

download more than 1 photograph. Please also note I am pursuing FULL

reimbursement for all your illegal transactions and this has also been

lodged with Consumer Affairs!! I will continue to raise my concerns with

you’re unethical practice until this money is returned! You received

messages from me last night but despite my warnings, you took a further

transaction from my account today. This is theft!

• 6. Re: Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year
                    krisk73725537 Level 1

Mate I think you need to calm down. Adobe is a big company and shouting on people here wont change anything. If youre right and adobe took your money, its probably because something it wrong with the system. Nobody personally decided "hehe, lets steal his money" so please dont shout at girls who try to help you. If you started a dispute in bank - thats great - soon you will know what is wrong and bank will help you with that case. Sheena didnt  steal your money personally last night by clicking magic button "money grab" so once again - calm down. Your bank also as Adobe need to verify all the things, transactions etc and Im sure everything will be corrected. Peace

• 7. Re: Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year
                      PopBo999 Level 1

You’ll be reimbursing every single cent. By the way, your dirty tactic of

taking more money off me today is further proof of fraudulence. This

account was cancelled 2 years ago and at no point did I authorise a

reinstatement!!! And at no point did I download more than 1 photo. There’s

a fault at your end/fraud. My bank just blocked you from further accessing

my account. The next time you hear from me will be via my bank regarding

your illegal behaviour. Expect legal action. I will not give up on this

because I know I did not subscribe!!

• 8. Re: Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year
                        PopBo999 Level 1

I’m a low income earner and look after people with disabilities for a

living. I earn very little in wages! There is no way that I would have

reinstated such a subscription! This was cancelled within a week. Adobe

accused me of downloading 6 subscriptions. I only downloaded 1 photo but

was not happy so cancelled within the risk free period.  I’m furious! I

have every right to be. This is $800!! I don’t have money to throw around.

I think I have every right to be upset.

On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 at 5:03 pm, krisk73725537 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 9. Re: Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year
                          PopBo999 Level 1

You’ll be reimbursing every single cent. By the way, your dirty tactic of

taking more money off me today is further proof of fraudulence. This

account was cancelled 2 years ago and at no point did I authorise a

reinstatement!!! And at no point did I download more than 1 photo. There’s

a fault at your end/fraud. My bank just blocked you from further accessing

my account. The next time you hear from me will be via my bank regarding

your illegal behaviour. Expect legal action. I will not give up on this

because I know I did not subscribe!!

• 10. Re: Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year
                            PopBo999 Level 1

How would you react if they took $800 from your bank account?!

On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 at 5:03 pm, krisk73725537 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 11. Re: Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year

Hi Brydie,

Please relax, we're here to help you in the best possible way. I am completely understanding that you're losing out money and that's definitely frustrating when you're not using the services.

But you need to understand that you're claiming refund for 2 years which is not really possible because nowhere in the action history does it shows that you cancelled the subscription and as you confirmed that you did not reach out to the support for cancellation. Additionally, we've been charging you for the Adobe Stock service each month for the last 2 years and it's not possible that you realized it today. For the last 2 years, I don't see any support ticket or any forum post raised by you here to report these charges.

Since you've mentioned that you've already disputed the charges with your bank so we won't be able to charge you for this subscription anymore and the subscription will move into a suspended state because of non-payment.

Don't get me wrong but I can help you with the cancellation and can waive off the cancellation fee in your case because you'd not used the services. Also, the unused licenses will remain in your account to be used until the last billing date of this month.

You may also Contact Customer Care for the cancellation and refund requests.

Thanks krisk73725537 for understanding and explaining the case.

Regards,

Sheena

• 12. Re: Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year
                                PopBo999 Level 1

You will be refunding me the full amount. Obviously I had no idea you were

taking money from me. My account is full of spam and junk mail from Adobe.

It just so happens that I opened my first email from you in 2 years - by

pure chance!!!! That I realised your stealing from me!!! If I did not open

that email I would still be clueless to the fact your stealing my money! I

cancelled that subscription! I wasNEVER given a reference number so clearly

2 years ago there was a fault in your system. And I DID NOT download 6

subscriptions as you keep claiming!!!! This will be a legal matter and I

will sue fir reimbursement!!!

• 13. Re: Re: Licence purchased for one photo - problem for a year

Hi Brydie,

I understand your frustration and I don't mean to be rude to you at all.

I'm sending you a private message, please check.

Regards,

Sheena