0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2008 6:44 PM by FlexBeginner

Flex FABridge (+/-Frame & Applet) Security issue

FlexBeginner
      Hi,

Can someone please explain the possible causes of the following (FireFox error console) reported error: -

Error: [Exception... "'Permission denied to get property XULElement.accessKey' when calling method: [nsIDOMXULLabelElement::accessKey]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "JS frame :: http://1.2.3.6/example2/html/header.html :: load :: line 95" data: no]
      Source File: http://1.2.3.6/example2/html/header.html
      Line: 95

Hopefully it's as simple as a cross-domain/codebase issue where the SWF has to be on the same codebase as the JAR but I doubt it :-(

(Line 95 triggers the Applet with JS> chan = document.getElementById("CornuCopiae"); )

I have a Frameset defined as below in demo_client_flex.html. The first frame loads a java applet <object> def in header.html. The applet in turn (as long as certain conditions are met) will load employee_lookup.html into the bottom frame via: -

String formName = getParameter("FORM_NAME");
      try
      {
      getAppletContext().showDocument
      (new URL (getDocumentBase(),formName+".html"),formName);
      }

Employee_lookup.html includes the Adobe FABridge.js (from another IP address) and an <object> definition that includes my SWF file from the same IP as the FABridge.js (But different from tha Applet Codebase or Frameset document-base)

Alles klar :-)

I suppose any pointer to codebase/applet restrictions would be welcome!

Cheers Richard

<frameset id="main" rows="30px,*">

<frame
      src="header.html";
      name="cornucopiae";
      marginheight="0";
      frameborder="1";
      noresize="noresize";
      scrolling="no";
      />

<frame
      src="";