• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solution to a smoky BBQ

Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we had a rain cover put over our back porch, we created the problem of the smoke from our BBQ not being able to rise

Solution is a Lasko 2265QM 20 inch fan, which comes with a wall mount

WallFan.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move the fan closer to the BBQ, and you'd have your own forge.  You could make shoes for Chuck's horse, and do fancy scroll work for your front gate.  How about Donald Trump's flat topped head for an anvil? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been thinking about making a forge, Trevor, but not for the horse, as he goes barefoot.

Fan looks like a good idea, easier that raising a section of the patio cover to create a venting cover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gimme a hamburger !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also mount that bad boy behind the grill, pointing away and you wont have to cook in a wind tunel.

Oh, and grill me up one as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScooterD76  wrote

You can also mount that bad boy behind the grill, pointing away and you wont have to cook in a wind tunel.

Oh, and grill me up one as well

That's usually how welding bay extractors work come to think of it, so a great idea,

Chuck, I know you worked as an industrial photographer, but did you have a background in engineering?  It gets into your blood.  When I retired at just 54, I really missed having access to a machine shop, but a couple of years ago I joined the local Menz Shed.  They have them in the UK and Australia (but without the 'z' for obvious reasons).  My shed has a decent engineering area as well as woodworking machinery, but no forge.  I love watching Jesse James post motorcycle videos.  Making Damascus steel, and using it to make knives and customise guns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gimme hamburger and motorcycle !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you also get girlz unset because they are not allowed to join?

... once you allow pink powertools its all down hill from there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe, UssNorway, very clever and funny !

Without the girlz, what's the point of living ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great idea John. The only thing I would suggest is you move the double wooden table out of the area so it doesn't catch on fire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Table is metal frame with glass

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines