I have recently had some strange problems with Flash. I am
teaching in a high school using the Adobe package. This Easter
holiday the problems started.
I created some small movie clips which were to function as
animations on roll over buttons. The first I made was, fine, the
two next I made acted strange. Whatever I had placed outside the
scene, to get it animate over the scene, was also suddenly visible
outside the scene when the movie playd. That didn't look very nice
when placed into the main scene.
When the HTML file was running in IE or Firefox, it acted
strange. It wouldn't allow my file to run because of active
x-controls. I had to click several times to open it. When opened,
the animation wouldn't run before I had clicked even another time.
I also found a folder called script, with a script file
inside. It was inside a folder I just had created, so it was
certainly nothing I had created.
Another problem is that the Norwegian characters suddenly
dissapears, when I start Flash again, they are back.
I am using Flash 8.
What are these problems all about?
Today I talked with the computer system manager at our
school. He meant that the reason of the problem was upgrades from
Adobe, plugins not working correctly.
I tried my files on the computers at my school, same problem.
Just to test I made a simple little animation with a ball starting
outside the screen, moving to the other side, on a PC in the
school. Everything outside the sceene was visible independent of my
machine. So independent of each other, the laptop I work on at home
got the problem this Easter holiday, so did the machines at school.
If the problem really is new plugins from Adobe, I guess that
most of the Flash world out there has simular problems. If the rest
of you haven't got this problem, obviously there must be another
If anyone can enlighten me here, I would really apreciate