Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat 2017 Pro not resonding

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a few users here that are all having the same issue with Acrobat. When they go to open a PDF with multiple pages that would be around 6MB in size, Acrobat becomes non responsive when attempting to save the file to the local device or to a network drive. It also freezes when scrolling through the documents pages.

I have tried the updates, repairing, removing the security features, uninstalling and reinstalling it and still the same results.

Can anyone advise if they found another way to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conorf,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Adobe Pro not responding when opening a PDF with multiple pages, is that correct?

Could you let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Does this happen with specific pdf file or with all the files?

Also, would it be possible to share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may also share the link for the pdf via private message - How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

We are using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on Windows 10 Pro.

The issue with Acrobat Pro not responding happens with everything i.e. when opening a large, multi page PDF, when saving any PDF when renaming the PDF while saving as. Unfortunately I am unable to share the PDF with you as it is highly confidential but the fact is, this is happening to all PDF documents.

Have you come across this issue before?

Kind regards,

Conor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conor,

You may try disabling protected view and enhanced security using Edit menu > Preferences > Security (Enhanced), relaunch Acrobat and check if that helps.

Note: disabling protected view is for troubleshooting purpose only, and not recommended. Turn the feature back on after troubleshooting is complete.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivan,

I have disabled the protective view, done the repair, and updated the software and still the same issue is occurring. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it and done the same process again but still the issue occurs.

Kind regards,

Conor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conor,

Try disabling show online storage option under Edit > Preferences > General > show online storage when opening/saving files , relaunch Acrobat and check.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having very similar problems. For me, having one .pdf open is not a problem but as soon as I open another file the software freezes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Danb,

Could you let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Also, try replicating the issue in Adobe Reader: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions  and see if it depicts the same behavior as Acrobat.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines