• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Not Responding When Attaching PDF To Email

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm apart of an IT team and some users are experiencing an issue when they try and send there PDF to Outlook.

Installed version: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (18.011.20055). When clicking the envelope and clicking send file Adobe Acrobat stalls and goes "Not Responding" for roughly 30 seconds and then goes to the email. I have tried repairing the installation to no avail, made sure both Adobe Acrobat and Outlook were the default application, and made sure outlook was the Default email application in the preferences of Adobe Acrobat. The size of the PDF's are only Kilobytes in size and should have nothing to do with it. Please help me solve this issue as it's quite annoying.

Thanks,

- Seth

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears this issue has been experienced by others and there is no fix?

Thread Link : Acrobat Pro DC freezes when I try to "Send File"- Mac

I work in a corporate environment and it's quite annoying to have my staff experiencing this issue. Please assist with this issue if you have a fix staff members or if anyone has a workaround that helps solve it, it would be greatly appreciated. You can save the document and then copy it to a new email but this is time consuming and users have to delete the newly saved document as they don't need it anymore. Please assist with the resolution of this issue as it seems the issue has been persisting for a long time. Thanks,

- Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're experiencing the same issue and it's very frustrating for our users in member service because they need to do this a lot throughout the day.  Now they're having to save it to their desktops and email it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sharonv,

As per the issue description, users are prompted to save the pdf to their desktops when sending it as an email attachment, is that correct?

Adobe is aware of the issue and plan to release the fix in the future release.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is similar to my problem. I have been building Acroforms for several years with embedded JS carrying out validation, calculation and to Submit by Email (not using the proprietary Submit by Email service as it also requires the validation to be triggered). So, now using the same JS I click on the Submit button (it also happens if you click the attach to email tool) which creates the required email and attaches the pdf. click Send, the email sends (or, at least, it appears to close) BUT, FOR SOME UNEXPLANABLE REASON OUTLOOK LOCKS UP AND SO DOES ACROBAT. If you then close Acrobat down, any connection between Outlook and Adobe is severed and Outlook comes back to life. The same thing happens if the form is hosted in a browser. WTF is happening? It worked fine with Acrobat Pro 11.

This really is a showstopper and I have no idea where I can apply a fix or even if Adobe or Microsoft are aware of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi KevinTucker,

Please refer the following forum thread for further discussion on this issue.

- Re: Acrobat Pro DC freezes when I try to "Send File"- Mac

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines