19 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2008 1:57 AM by LuckyNumberSleven

Yet another CFImage bug

hans blix
      Sorry for the sarcastic title, but this is the third major CFImage bug I've found in 2 weeks.... I love ColdFusion, but this is getting ridiculous.

The error occurs when writing a JPG file to disk using cfImage action="write". In our scenario, the file is uploaded by a user, then read in using cfimage action="read". The error below occurs when the file is written.

The following image will cause the error:

javax.imageio.IIOException: Quantization table 0x02 was not defined at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageWriter.writeImage(Native Method) at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageWriter.write(JPEGImageWriter.java:996) at coldfusion.image.ImageWriter.writeJPeg(ImageWriter.java:60) at coldfusion.image.ImageWriter.writeImage(ImageWriter.java:119) at coldfusion.image.Image.write(Image.java:578) at coldfusion.tagext.io.ImageTag.performWrite(ImageTag.java:593)

If someone can please verify it that would be great.

One note, I have not installed the patch recommended for one of the other issues, located here:

The patch notes didn't make any mention of this problem, and I haven't had a chance to test it yet.