• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

we need context menu option to search the selected text with our internal website

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

we are using acrobat reader dc

we need context menu option to search the selected text with our internal website

Could you please guide me how to do this( SDK or Javascript)

Steps to build the extension/addin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd encourage you to head over to the product specific forums (if they exist), such as the here: Acrobat - JavaScript

That aside, you'll need to consider how the javascript will interact with your site. The searching of all content should be performed by "something" on your website, or a 3rd party, such as utilizing Google APIs to search a website for you. Here's a link to a Google JSON API for searching a site: Custom Search JSON API  |  Custom Search  |  Google Developers

The scripting you write will need to "talk" to something, get a response and then handle it by displaying it however you decide to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I want to build context menu like "Lookup" option in Acrobat reader and I prefer javascript as scripting tool for the same.

Could you please guide how to create context menu.

Regards,

Vigneshkumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Working with the Adobe Reader is very different than working with Adobe Acrobat. The functionality you mention, is that to be included in the Reader itself or inside a PDF that is being shown in the reader?

You mention both SDK or JavaScript, which would you prefer to use?

Once I have an answer for these, I can move this to the appropriate forum and we can see if we can get you an answer.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Malcolm,

I want to build context menu like "Lookup" option in Acrobat reader and I prefer javascript as scripting tool for the same.

Could you please guide how to create context menu.

Regards,

Vigneshkumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines