• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I recover deleted flash files, but these are damaged, how can i fix them?

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted some flash files by mistake, and after using recuva i was able to recover some of them (not all of them btw), but it was partial recover, so if i try to open them it says "An error ocurred opening file:", so is there any way to fix these files? or even better, is there any program which can recover my deleted flash projects succesfully? i tried disk drill, yodot photo recovery, diskgetor data recovery but apparently none of them works... help please? 😕 i really need those projects guys

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Using Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that you're trying to open FLAs that you only had stored locally.  There's no magic wand to wave on that. it *is* probably good motivation to come up with a solid backup strategy for moving forward.  We've all been there. 

There are professional data recovery services that you could theoretically send the disk to, but if you've been writing a bunch of stuff to the disk since you accidentally deleted the files that you cared about, there's no guarantee that you haven't overwritten those missing portions with new data.  This is a forum about Flash Player, not data recovery, so we're not really the best authorities on that front.

If you have the SWFs, you might have better luck using one of the commercial SWF disassembly tools to work your way backwards to editable content.  It's not super convenient, but it's not uncommon for someone to need to edit a SWF long after the designer/developer has moved on and the FLAs are lost to history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andrev,

In your case, it seems that your deleted files might be partially overwritten and that's why they become inaccessible after recovery.

Note: In data deletion case it is always recommended to not to use the drive as the further usage of drive overwrite the blank space of deleted files and make deleted files recovery impossible. No data recovery software can recover files from the overwritten hard drive.

In addition: I know you have already tried many tools for your lost file recovery nevertheless, i would suggest you to give a shot to Free data recovery software of Stellar.

Best Free Data Recovery Software 2018 |Free Download Now to Recover Deleted Files

Hope it may work for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines