5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2018 4:20 PM by aminebelabbesnabi

Adobe API 1.4 - DataWarehouse.Request - Breakdown parameters not valid

jonathanb49171934 Level 1

Hi All,

Desperately trying to extract data from Analytics via API, replicating reporting that I was able to do in the DataWarehouse area of the application.

I'm able to connect and make a request using the DataWarehouse.Request API, following documentation here analytics-1.4-apis/r_request.md at master · AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis · GitHub ). However, among other problems I'm finding that the parameters I'm trying to pass to the Breakdown_List argument are coming back as invalid.

First, the call for this parameter using the 1.4 site gives this response:

https://api.omniture.com/admin/1.4/rest/?method=DataWarehouse.Request

{

"error": "Not Implemented",

"error_description": "Please use the 1.3 api version",

"error_uri": ""

}

Then using https://api.omniture.com/admin/1.3/rest/?method=DataWarehouse.Request gives errors...

For example, although a call to ReportSuite.GetAvailableElements returns:

"id": "entrypage",

"name": "Entry Page",

"correlation": false,

"subrelation": true

If I try to use either "entrypage" or "Entry Page" as an element in the Breakdown_list, I get this response:

{

"errors": [

"Invalid Breakdown in Breakdown_List."

]

}

And if I use visitor_id as an element, the call works -- even though "visitor_id" is not documented as a valid element.

Can anyone help with a "dictionary" or documentation of valid metrics & breakdowns; and any correspondence between what they're called in the API call?

Is this not the right call, or is this method not actually supported in v1.4?

If anyone can recommend a better approach to extracting most/all of the data from Analytics -- specifically at a visit level, with the visitor_id -- it would be appreciated, too. Thanks!