1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2008 9:25 PM by gaurav_ch

Flash vs Director

layerburn Level 1
      Our company has an upcoming job that is going to be a high definition 720p kiosk with joystick controller for interactivity and high def videos. I'm a flash animator myself so naturally I want to choose Flash as I'm going to be doing all of the interactivity, but I'm trying to decide which would really be better for the situation. I've researched and read many of the advantages/disadvantages to both programs, but I'm still confused as to which would be best. Most of the information I read was from the MX versions of both programs or before 2005. So i'm not sure as to how correct the information is. I'm aware of flash's current abilities but not director's. Can anyone help shed some light? (also posted in the director forum for director's side)
        • 1. Re: Flash vs Director
          gaurav_ch Level 1
          Hi,

For Kiosk application, I think you should go with director. Download a trial copy and try. If you ca spare some money, go in for Multidmedia Zinc for converting your flash files to a kiosk application. Try it and then decide.

The problem with Director is that Adobe has stopped all further developments of Director.

Gaurav
          www.gauravchandra.com