2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2018 8:24 PM by jasonw30638826

Best practice to send large volume of emails in Adobe Campaign Classic

jasonw30638826 Level 1

Hi,

It seems no one has asked about his question. What's the best practice to send large volume of emails, like 500K or 1 millions of emails? I understand that it's not a good idea to send 500k emails in a patch. What's the max volume of emails per patch? Can I use "send using multiple wave" or use regular split, like A/B split?

Thanks,

Jay

• 1. Re: Best practice to send large volume of emails in Adobe Campaign Classic
          Vipul Raghav Adobe Employee

Hi jasonw30638826,

It will be difficult to summarize everything in a single thread but you should definitely follow these steps

• Know your contractual obligation of number of emails per hour
          • Check if the hardware provisioned for your instance is capable of handling this much load
          • Breakup your target audience against the domain like how many out of this 500k is for Gmail, Hotmail etc.
          • Work with a deliverability consultant to see if your MX rules cater to this requirement or not. If your instance is fairly new, the sending IPs might not have been warmed up till now and sending huge volumes can cause blacklisting or bad IP reputation.
          • Plan your sending audience based on MX rules otherwise if you are overquota on the rules, there will be internal throttling.
          • Keep the size of email small (~ 60-70K)
          • Check your target audience is all valid addresses and there aren't typos on the email address like domain such as gamil.com, hotmil.com
          • Use waves sending feature for better sending reputation.

Regards,
          Vipul

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Best practice to send large volume of emails in Adobe Campaign Classic
            jasonw30638826 Level 1

Hi Vipul,

Thanks for your reply. I am on-premise server, and have no idea about my contractual obligation of number of emails per hour. I assume that I have the following specs for moderate Moderate-Size Deployment, are you able to find out my contractual obligation of number of emails per hour?

Scenario 1: Moderate-Size Deployment

ChannelComments
            Active recipients1 million
            Email4.2 million/month
            Direct mail1 million/month
            Mobile SMS100,000/month
            Peak daily email volume500,000

Thanks,

Jason