Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom tethered shooting embedded preview

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I  work with a Nikon D850 and the latest version of Lightroom Classic CC.
During my tethered sessions, I have to check quickly if the pictures are in focus and, for that, I have to check it at 100% zoom.

I also would like to have a preview who respect my camera settings (bw or colors).

Could it be possible to import, during tethered sessions, the embedded previews ?

Many thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embedded JPG Preview are just that. Embedded Inside the RAW NEF file. They are imported inside the NEF RAW file. You can try to Extract them with a plugin or somehow but not automatically during your Tethered shooting session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, as it is possible to use the embedded previews during the import (visualization is ultra fast), it is not during tethered sessions, do I understand well ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The embedded preview is only used for a very short period of time while LR is building its own preview file.

Not sure as to your request as I never shoot tethered so have no real experience with it. But to view any image file at 1:1 LR actually builds a Full Size, 1:1, preview of the file and you normally see a "Loading" prompt near the bottom of the image while that preview is being built.

Even with Full size JPG files there is a slight delay when zooming to 1:1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the "Loading" si not so prompt, not enough quick when the client is waiting to choose one portrait of the 20 pictures I have shooted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe set LR to build 1:1 previews while importing the image. It will take longer for the preview to be built and possibly show on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I‘ve tried but it is not quick enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines