Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split PDF into 1 DOC instead of multiple

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I do have an issue with splitting PDF document into separate files using  "Top level bookmarks", so I followed all the steps include Output Option and using "use bookmarks names for file names". But I still have them split into one.

Is there any help PLEASE?

I use Adobe Acrobat Standard DC.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

There's only one top-level bookmark in this file, so that's what you get when you process it...

You need to either move the sub-bookmarks to the top-level, or use a script to do it, like this (paid-for) tool I've developed which can export each section based on the lowest-level bookmarks: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Extract Lowest-Level Bookmarks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of action is associated with the bookmarks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use bookmarks option, means any file with multiple pages are going to split up to many separate files which keep their proper bookmarks names.

In my case after making the split all the files went into one file. Which is nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't answer my question... Right-click one of the bookmarks and select Properties, then go to the Actions tab. What kind of action is associated with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sir, thanks for showing that,

The action is "Go to a page in this document"

split into 1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case it should work... Can you share the file in question (via Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Send & Track, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to send the PDF file via Adobe. and here is but I am not sure if I did correctly.

Also I delated some of the file content it is belong to the client.

https://cloud.acrobat.com/sentfiles

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's only one top-level bookmark in this file, so that's what you get when you process it...

You need to either move the sub-bookmarks to the top-level, or use a script to do it, like this (paid-for) tool I've developed which can export each section based on the lowest-level bookmarks: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Extract Lowest-Level Bookmarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Try67

I works perfectly after I moved all sub-bookmarks as bookmarks, and delated the empty previous main one.

try67ā€‹@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines